Tuesday, April 17, 2012

H & J's Wedding Social - The Aftermath

The social was WILD! So wild it's taken me three days to fully recover from it.

Highlights include:
  •  a conga line 
  • a packed dance floor - the macarena, anyone?
  • song sing-a-longs (you make me want to SHOUT had everyone going crazy) 
  • the black shirt & white tie boys. Apparently they're just a group of friends who attend socials in matching outfits and get the dance floor going. These guys were awesome!
  • homemade muffins courtesy of the Moms 
  • Having the back of my hand kissed by a drunk and yet charming gentleman
  • An utterly stunning bride-to-be! She put everyone else to shame.
Zebra trim, zebra train, zebra stilettos! This lady knows how to make a statement.

<3 The Boyfriend. <3

These guys! These guys know how to party! 

My outfit and my retro hairstyle were hits. Note to self - learn to do updo's! (Ponytails don't count.) Victory rolls were courtesy of Monique at Colours hair studio.



I didn't win any social prizes. I tried so hard to bribe the groom, too! ; ) I did get an enormous treat though. I posted many of these photos to Facebook and the lovely Miss Foxy asked my permission to use my photos to advertise the dress! I was- and am!- so floored by her offer. She made up an album entitled SAUCY with the caption "Winnipeg Burlesque Performer Scarlet Divine ...! Wears PINUP COUTURE WELL!" Gosh! I'm super flattered and excited that I can put this on my burlesque 'resume'. MEGA props to my awesome sis who was the photographer behind the camera for these shots.

And AGAIN! Even as I'm writing this blog I'm bombarded with kindness and support! Special thanks to Miss Foxy, burlesque artist and yogi extraordinaire Andrea Robin and photographer John Ohm for spreading the word about my up and coming Introduction to Burlesque workshop. If you aren't already sick to death of me talking about it click the link and if you like what you read then sign up! It's going to be a stimulatingly stellar evening, I guarantee.

Saucily yours,
Miss Scarlet

1 comment:

  1. Smokin' dress, darlin'! LOVE the photo with your hand on your glasses. Naughty librarian, much?

    ReplyDelete