Thursday, April 19, 2012

Drawn & Plastered Gets Saucy!

Talk about networking! One day I get exposure on the Foxy Shoppe facebook page (the SAUCY album) and the next day I get a message from a gorgeous lady asking if I would be willing to model and perform for a group called Drawn & Plastered.

It's a very good thing you can't hear me squeal via facebook.

The lovely lady was Meg Bergeron, co-founder of Drawn & Plastered. To put it simply, D&P is a gathering designed to provide a creative soul's outlet and inspiration. Once a month D&P gathers models and performers to pose for artists while they create. These sessions are interspersed with various kinds of shows, keeping with whatever the theme for the month is. Unlike other art gatherings these events are open to all kinds of artists, whether they be poets, photographers, painters, sculptors or those who sketch. There's also a wicked after party!
The next gathering is Sunday, April 29th, 6 pm - 9pm at the Cavern. Cover is $10.



Meg also introduced me to Drawn & Plastered Hunts for Talent, a talent show going on this Saturday. As in, the day after tomorrow! I have the forms all filled out and ready to go. I'm going to drop them off tomorrow and see if I can secure a last minute spot! I got out my burlesque gear and put on Ain't Misbehavin' (Dinah Washington) and my routine from the Amateur Burlesque Show Fundraiser came flooding back. You should come out to Juss Jazz @ 240 Portage Avenue Saturday from 2 pm to 6 pm! I may or may not be shimmying out of my clothes. ; ) Even if I'm not I'm sure to be there to watch all the amazing performers they have lined up!

As for the event I'll be participating in? Well, I need to keep mum on the details for now, but I can tell you these three things: it's going to be rad, rockabilly and feature a very retro me!

Keep it saucy,
Miss Scarlet

1 comment:

  1. I've got to get you to model some of the clothes at work right now, see how everything hangs...sound okay?

    ReplyDelete