Friday, April 13, 2012

The Social and the Shoppe

This weekend I get to perpetuate an outstanding Manitoban tradition - that of the wedding social. H & J- my Icelandic lover and her amazing fiance- have a badass social lined up with prizes like paintball guns and a $200 gift cert to Living Canvas Tattoo. Um, awesome much? If you're interested you should drop by Vince Leah Community Centre tomorrow night. Tickets are $10 at the door.

Other than my super sexy friend getting married, one of the best things about this social is the excuse to buy a new dress! And really, I didn't have to look very hard. I've been lusting after the Erin dress at The Foxy Shoppe for months now. I tried it on in fire engine red and another dress in red with black polka dots but this dress is just - amazing -. The most gorgeous dress. I feel like a retro vixen in it! The Boyfriend is hoping to win a social prize but if he's really lucky he'll get to go home with me at the end of the night.


Image belongs to PinupGirlClothing.com Can you imagine, fire engine red??


One of the best features of the Shoppe is the owner, Miss Foxy a.k.a. Pamela Fox. While you're in the store she is your own personal cheer leader. After an hour with her upbeat personality and compliments I felt like I'd run a marathon and won the Nobel prize. Shopping there is an experience. I don't feel like I can love this store enough. Winnipeg is so lucky to have a boutique like this! And their spring stock is just around the corner. ;) Plus they left me mouth watering with their show girl lingerie line, which features nickel sized sequins in hot colours like magenta and gold with emerald and purple on their way!

Of course my new dress can't compete with the bride-to-be's. It's floor length hot pink with zebra straps and a zebra train paired with zebra stiletto's. WOW.

Now I know what you're thinking - pics or it didn't happen! But these dresses will make their grande debuts at tomorrow night's social and I promise, there will be pictures galore!

Stay Saucy ; )
Miss Scarlet

No comments:

Post a Comment