Thursday, May 10, 2012

RAMMSTEIN

WOW this post is so late! Rammstein played at the MTS Centre Thursday May 10th. I forgot I had archived this to finish later. To summarize this post: Rammstein was AMAZING.

One of the things I love most about metal concerts (besides the fantastic music) is that everyone wears whatever they want without having to feel self conscious about it. I was head to toe in black lace with the exception of my leather knee high boots. I definitely couldn't get away with wearing that to work.

Another thing I love about concerts is learning new things. For example, I'm more of a devil horns waving in the air sort of person. The Boyfriend prefers to head bang his way through the tracks. Now I'm not saying that one is better than the other but I do know that I didn't have to take muscle relaxants for my neck after the concert. :-P That's not all I learned though. Rammstein are amazing showmen and here's why:

1. Fire. Seriously. Pyrotechnics makes everything better.



2. Chucking things at the audience. Audience interaction keeps people involved and ups their enjoyment of the show. Even though I wasn't in the pit I got a huge kick out of one of the members being passed around on an inflatable boat while he pretended to paddle. And everyone wants to be the lucky one to grab a drumstick.



3. Lights, video and costumes are all well and good (in R's case, phenomenal) but the way they got into character made it a show. They walked across a burning bridge in solemn procession to begin the concert. They went back across the bridge, four of them on their hands and knees in bondage gear and one behind them cracking a whip. And of course they had the most amazing props.



You could also tell they were dedicated because they did THREE encores! Apparently they were surprised by how much love Winnipeg had for them. <3

As we left steak lightning lit up the sky, in one of those in-drawn breath sort of moments before the rain begins to pour. The heavens were getting in on the pyrotechnics too. I couldn't have asked for a better night.

Stay Saucy,
Miss Scarlet

No comments:

Post a Comment