Friday, June 1, 2012

80's Night at Skylab 17

Thursday evening I was sitting at home, thinking about how I didn't have any rad modelling stuff going on lately. Suddenly, lo and behold - a facebook status! Holly Halftone to the rescue! She had been contacted by a guy looking to incorporate Drawn and Plastered into his bachelor party. It was a last minute request. The theme was 80's and models were needed. As seems the case with most awesome things I was a few hours too late. She'd already found models willing to show up and be glamorous. I messaged her anyways. I love the idea behind D&P and thought hey- maybe sending a shout out will keep me on D&P's radar.

But what do you know, one of the models dropped out and Holly wondered if I could fill in!

Friday night I cabbed from work to Outworks Studio in the Exchange District where Holly Hui did some stunning hair styling. All photos were taken by the talented Holly Halftone.

 It only took half a bottle of conditioner to get the knots out the next morning...
 Worth it ;)  
A.J. and I "getting ready"

We were scheduled to pose from 8 - 9 pm. We scurried over to the Reagle Beagle to just make it on time. The night was slow to get started (it was dead, with the exception of the bachelor who seemed to have been having a good time for a while before we got there). To pass the time we adorned ourselves with glow sticks and played balloon volley ball.



We played around, posing for the camera and getting ready to hold poses for the artists the organizers promised were coming.



People wanted to take pictures with us - I was tickled (hot) pink!

At 10 we started our 5 minute sets. I went first. It seems, in general, that people are shy of going first, when really going first is actually the best. I volunteered right away - you get the best pick of the poses.

I could have stayed like this all night.

After everyone had done a 5 minute pose we held two group 15 minute poses. These were the hardest - at the five minute mark you realize your pose was a mistake and you want nothing so badly as to move. It's easy after ten minutes 'cause your body goes numb. ;-)



 There were a couple artists sketching away. The organizers held a contest for best sketch and the prize winner won a nice $50. When the drawing portion of the evening finished around 11 pm a dance contest was held. Holly ended up winning for her sweet moves. We really let people know that we wore our sun glasses at night so we could rock you like a hurricane while being touched like a virgin. (I can't get these eighties songs out of my head!)

Yes, I'm dancing. Cross my heart.

I think I burned more calories dancing that night than during all my workouts for the month combined. Holy Dina my feet were killing me at the end of the night, but my thighs the next morning were worse! Sure signs of an awesome night out.



Saucily yours,
Miss Scarlet

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you had fun! Mark (the bachelor) is actually my cousin, so it's so cool that Drawn could be part of his big night. I can't believe how often people drop out of shit though. No idea what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete