Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Vaudvillian Burlesque


The surprise show at The Cheer was a great success! We arrived, got changed and hit the stage. After a brief intro I was the first on, which I enjoy because it doesn't give much time for my nerves to build up. Once again I had my own personal cheering section (THANK-YOU FRIENDS <3) which totally floored me. It was my best and most flirtiest performance yet! 


There's something about performing a routine in front of a crowd that practising on your own just doesn't account for. Audience interaction gives me that extra buzz, an adrenaline high, and having experienced it a couple times now with this routine I felt like I'd truly perfected it. Btw - that new garter belt? I'm SO in love with it. It's from Rockabetty which just opened up a store in Osborne Village. It's downstairs where The Crypt used to be.



It was so much fun to hang out with the burly girls again. Plus Amy Blaze, a knife swinging, fire eating vixen! I really, really want to learn how to fire dance now. However, the fact that I have trouble even juggling may suggest that that's a bad idea ...


Chris Mysterion was phenomenal to work with. He kept us entertained back stage with stories of other performers and burlesque shows he's met and been in. His show was fantastic. It centers on illusions. People like to have their minds tricked but they also like to know how it's being done. Chris explained every step of the way what he was looking for- a catch in his volunteers voice, looking away at certain suggestions, which gave him the answers to his questions. However, I couldn't catch most of the tell tale signs and to his audience, despite telling us how he does it, his tricks were still magic!


Also thank-you to the wonderful Miss La Muse for organizing such a great show! There was a wonderful review of it in the Free Press. It's the second time my sassy self has been mentioned in print. (Scroll down)

Stay Saucy!
Miss Scarlet

No comments:

Post a Comment