Wednesday, May 8, 2013

April: TPR #4

April: Tightlacing Progress Report #4


I fell off the wagon this April. I could feel myself trailing off. I spent the entire month thinking "I can start up again tomorrow. It's not too late." The problem was/is I always seem to think about what I want to wear, what I wish I was wearing or what I want to accomplish that day while I'm already out the door and either at work or out with no way to run home and grab a corset. For example, I left my corsets at my parents' place and between work and social commitments I ended up sleeping at the BF's for the week .. which means that even when I wanted to and was thinking about it I couldn't wear my corsets. Bad Scarlet!

April Tally:

5th - 10 hours
6th - 6 hours
7th - 40 mins

However, falling off the wagon doesn't mean giving up. It means getting back on. This month I'm moving in with the BF and two room mates which means going home to just one place with all my stuff will lend itself wonderfully to having corsets on hand. There will be no excuse not to put them on in the morning.

 April Stats:

-Longest time corset was worn: 10 hours
(Down two hours from March)
-# days in a row corset was worn: 3 days
(down three days from my current record of 6 in March and January)
-total time spent in corset: 16 hours and 40 mins
(March was 59 hours and 35 mins. Oh, the shame.)


My next big hurdle will be wearing my corset under my clothes. I currently own one sweater that doesn't overheat me with my corset underneath and with summer coming I don't always want to wear my corsets over my dresses ... especially since I currently own two and matching my outfits to them seriously diminishes my wardrobe choices.

But it's May! Which means my outfit conundrums will have to wait for the next Tight Lacing Report. In the meantime, I encourage everyone to read this article written by the Vancouver burlesque star and tightlacer Little Miss Risk. She makes an important distinction between tightlacing and waist training and I've found my own journey to happiness has also been helped by corsets.

Saucily yours,
Miss Scarlet

No comments:

Post a Comment