Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My First Ever Photoshoot

I was thinking the other day that a year ago I had never done burlesque and hadn't quite dipped my toes into modelling either. How the heck did it all happen? These are things that I'd been wanting to do for years and I'm so glad I finally got the ball rolling. So for posterities sake, and for anyone else who, like me, had no idea how to jump in, here's how I made my splash.

I was chatting with a friend over tea and we were both thinking of modelling and we'd both heard good things about a website that connects people in the industry. I'd heard about it through internet friends who were also interested in burlesque/pinups and modelling is a cool way to show off your burlesque outfits as you come up with them. So we both signed up for ModelMayhem.com. And what do you know, we were both messaged by Brad Mazur. He was looking for models for a project on eyes and we were looking for experience. After talking it over with him we decided that we'd do our first photoshoot together. We were both super nervous and a little awkward in front of the camera but he was easy going and knew his stuff, and he put us right at ease. And his project turned out really cool!

Eyes really are the windows to the soul. 
 © Brad Mazur (Mazography)


As a photographer for a first time model he was perfect. For days after the shoot I was on a creative high. So when he asked me if I'd be interested in working with him again of course I jumped at the chance! This time he was really playing with the concept of light and dark.








Since signing up for ModelMayhem I've met some really cool people including photographers, other models, hair stylists, make up artists and all the other behind the scenes people who are  super creative and good at what they do. I've also made some pretty rad friends. Seriously, no one loves playing dress up with you as much as another model or a photographer.

So there's how I did it; what's stopping you?

Saucily Yours,
Miss Scarlet

No comments:

Post a Comment