Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August Aspirations

Recently I applied to be a participant in two events put on by the Central Canadian Centre for Performance. I wrote an entry for their online zine, KATALOG, and I applied to participate in their Alter Ego Pageant. I was invited to both of these events on Facebook. The lovely Lizzie Lala graciously passed the info along.

I sent in an article to KATALOG, the Official publication for the Central Canadian Centre for Performance. (It can be found at cccponline.net.) It was looking for "performance photos, videos and write ups about Altered Ego or extensions of the self in performance." I ended up sending in six or seven photos to go along with the article because it was so hard to choose just a couple!


The idea behind KATALOG is very cool. Instead of repeating everything the Zine says about itself on their website I'm going to quote parts of their Submission Call. "KATALOG is an online publication with video and sound capabilities which is dedicated to the practice of performance and live art."


The site doesn't say whether or not I'll be notified if they choose my submission or when the next issue is set to be published. I'll wait until Sept before sending them an inquiry. I was really nervous about sending in my entry as there are so many performers in the world who are both more established/polished and who are better known. But you never know if you don't try, so I screwed my courage to the sticking point and sent it anyways. If my article isn't published it'll make a good blog post. :-)
Photos taken from cccponline.net

I also entered the CCCP's Alter Ego Pageant, where contestants will be judged on their alter egos. The contest includes a talent and a beauty portion. The talent part is easy - one burlesque routine, coming up! The beauty bit? A "birthday/bathing suit" competition. Yikes! I don't know how I feel about the beauty portion of the event but I think I'm going to get creative and flaunt Miss Scarlet's beauty ideals. I don't know what those are, exactly, as they range from raunchy to classy and back again! The Pageant is to be held on Sept. 8th. I'll let you know if I'm selected to be one of the participants!

Saucily yours,
Miss Scarlet


No comments:

Post a Comment