Friday, July 20, 2012

Rockabilly Event - Part Two

Hairspray, corsets and greasers, oh my! I decided to go with a more metal-rock sound for my rockabilly burlesque routine, though there was definitely banjo in it! The song was Black Betty by Spiderbait. It was a knee high leather boots and crop meets hot pink sequined show girl ensemble and it went a little something like this:

Photo by Brad Mazur
Photo by Holly Halftone
Photo by Holly Halftone
Photo by Brad Mazur
Photo courtesy of Joel Nickel

This one is awesome because if you look closely my reflection is also blowing a kiss on the big screen. Look ma! I'm on TV! ;)

Photo courtesy of Joel Nickel
Photo courtesy of Joel Nickel
Left-Holly Halftone  Right-Brad Mazur
Photo by Holly Halftone

It was really interesting dancing on the same level as the audience. Usually you're higher up with blinding stage lights in your eyes. This time I could see every face of every person watching me ... and they were five steps away from me at any time. This turned out to be to my advantage, however, when I sped up my routine! Oops. I guess I was just so excited I frenzied myself out of tempo. However, a little improvisation and a lot of flirting-which Meg got the brunt of- managed to end the last little bit of the song on a credible note. Thanks for playing along Meg!

If you could take a minute to go and show these wonderful photographers some love I would be incredibly grateful. Brad Mazur, Holly Halftone and Joel Nickel do amazing work.

Stay tuned for more sass!

Saucily yours,
Miss Scarlet

1 comment: